There are many wonderful blogs out there. I am honored that you are reading mine!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Easiest Smoothies Ever


















This recipe was obtained while walking through my local Wegmans grocery store. An employee was whipping up smoothies from behind a little cart. And well, let's just say, "It was love at first slurp". 

Easiest Smoothies Ever
1 cup orange juice
1 cup of frozen blueberries
1 cup blueberry yogurt

Recipe Tips: This recipe has endless options. I have used strawberries, bananas and a variety of other fresh fruit.  I have also used peach yogurt as well as vanilla. Once in a while I toss in a 1/2 tsp of ground flax seed for a hearty kick.

Put fruit and orange juice into blender and puree together. Next pour yogurt into blender and blend to desired consistency. Pour into glasses and enjoy.

It just doesn't get an easier than this. I will make these numerous times over the next several months. My children love them before school (and so do I)!


No comments:

Post a Comment