There are many wonderful blogs out there. I am honored that you are reading mine!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Roasting pumpkin seeds has become apart of our jack-o-lantern making process. The following recipe is delicious, easy and quick. A winning combination! The recipe is presented by Rosemary on allrecipes.com  I hope you enjoy the third recipe in my tribute to Fall

The key which Rosemary nicely points out is that these seeds are roasted fresh. Many people soak the seeds and dry them overnight. Well, I am just not that patient. After carving, I want to enjoy some roasted seeds. This recipe allows you to do just that.

Recipe tip: I placed the seeds in a colander and picked out most of the pumpkin pulp, rinsed the seeds, and dried them gently with a paper towel before tossing them with the butter and salt. The results of this step proved successful. 

1 1/2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
2 tsp butter, melted
1 pinch salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Toss seeds in a bowl with melted butter and salt. Spread the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown, stir occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment