There are many wonderful blogs out there. I am honored that you are reading mine!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Clam Dip

Imagine sinking a chip into that. MMMMmmm, good!
For this Father's Day and many other days throughout the year, we dip our favorite gluten free potato chips and assorted veggies in clam dip. I found this fantastic recipe on About.com


Recipe tips: I like to make a good size portion of this flavorful dip. To do this I increase the cream cheese to 8oz. and also use about a cup of mayonnaise. I use Hellman's Mayonnaise, Gluten Free is printed on the label! This dip has turned out best when I use an electric mixer to blend first 3 ingredients. To soften the cream cheese I put it in a microwave safe bowl and warm for 30 seconds.

Clam Dip
 
6-8oz. cream cheese
3/4 - 1 cup mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, minced
1 7oz. can minced clams, drained
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
dash cayenne pepper or hot pepper sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce


Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic until smooth. Add minced clams and carefully blend with remaining seasoning. Chill dip thoroughly. Serve with chips and veggies. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!! You saved me today! I was going to a party where the host is Gluten Free. I am running late and all I had was....EVERYTHING you have in your recipe.

    This recipe is much appreciated.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete