There are many wonderful blogs out there. I am honored that you are reading mine!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuna Topped Corn Thins

This little gem of a recipe is a Gluten Free and You original and can be made in less than 15 minutes. Although I think this recipe cries out to be served at a brunch; I have whipped it up in a jiffy and served it to my family on a Tuesday night before running out to karate.

Tuna Topped Corn Thins

Recipe tips: The corn thins I use are called Corn Thins by Real Foods. http://www.cornthins.com/ Although I don't always have it on hand, freshly shredded Parmesan adds the best flavor to this recipe.  Recipe can easily be doubled.

2 cans tuna packed in water, drained
2 1/2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 Tbsp pine nuts, roasted
2 Tbsp dried cranberries
2 tsp herbed basting oil
Parmesan cheese, shredded
Corn thins, two per serving

Place pine nuts on a pan in the toaster oven, toast for approximately 2 minutes.  Watch them carefully; do not allow them to burn.  In a medium sized mixing bowl, break up tuna gently with a fork and stir in mayonnaise.  Add toasted pine nuts, dried cranberries and herbed basting oil, stir to combine.  Divide the tuna mixture evenly among the corn thins. Top with shredded Parmesan. Serves 2-4 people.  Enjoy!

This recipe submitted to The Gluten Free Homemaker's Monthly Challenge on June 15, 2011. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, corn thins are quite good. I don't like rice cakes, so I use them instead. I've never put tuna salad on them, though.

    My tuna salad is an olive oil based one, with olive oil. I don't actually have the recipes up, though I did just write about choosing sustainble BPA-free canned tuna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Stephanie, I will read your post about tuna.

    ReplyDelete