There are many wonderful blogs out there. I am honored that you are reading mine!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

I Don't Just Eat Anymore, I Taste.

Everyone knows blogs are popular. Why did I begin Gluten Free and YouI had a desire to chronicle living without gluten and also document good news and milestones among the gluten free community which grows with each newly diagnosed patient.

Nearly two years ago I sat in a gastroenterologist's office and he said to me, "It's official, you have a life sentence." His words stung me, but even then I knew he was wrong. I might have to live without gluten, but I am alive. No life sentence for me, thank you.

I have made the choice to embrace living without gluten not just because I have to, but I have found that I don't just eat anymore, I taste. That's right, food actually tastes better to me. I eat more fruits, vegetables, fish, quality meats, whole grains, and far less processed foods. You don't have to be gluten intolerant to enjoy the recipes on Gluten Free and You or the articles pertaining to the gluten free community.

So come along and let's celebrate Gluten Free and You!

No comments:

Post a Comment