There are many wonderful blogs out there. I am honored that you are reading mine!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hooray for Fathers!

Happy Father's Day to my husband and to all fathers! This year's menu for us is probably not too different than in years past. We love beef! I was going to try something a little different this year, perhaps some pulled pork. However, my husband came home yesterday from our favorite deli, with a 2 1/2 lb sirloin. To quote the Cattleman's Beef Board and Cattleman's Beef Association, "Beef, It's What's For Dinner".  Maybe we'll have pulled pork next year, or better yet, the Fourth of July! That's a lot sooner!

This year my children and I will prepare for my husband, deviled eggs, clam dip, (recipe can be found under Dips) small red creamer potatoes with onions and bacon, Essential Coleslaw (recipe found under Salads), and yet to be decided because it largely depends on what is fresh at our local Mennonite market, a vegetable. We will also be preparing a carrot cake using Pamela's Products Baking and Pancake Mix. (recipe found under Desserts) I did not include the sirloin because my husband loves to grill and he has a plan for the sirloin. I do know it will be medium rare.

Due to geographical challenges, I am not able to spend this Father's Day with my father. Happy Father's Day Dad, I love you!

I hope you enjoy photos of the Clam Dip, Essential Coleslaw and Deviled Eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment