There are many wonderful blogs out there. I am honored that you are reading mine!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Kate's Buttercream Frosting

Kate's Buttercream Frosting (dyed orange for a special day)
This post is dedicated to my friend Kate. She has made my life sweeter in so many ways. We have laughed, we have cried and what friendship would be complete without sharing recipes. Without further ado...

Recipe tip: I use between  4-6 tablespoons whipping cream. Use 2 and add only if necessary. I also use approx. 4 cups powdered sugar. This frosting is so versatile. Play around with the consistency. You can frost cupcakes, cakes, brownies, decorate with it, or just simply (I mean sinfully) eat it straight from the bowl. Makes 3 sinful cups.

Kate's Buttercream Frosting
One stick butter, softened
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 bag powdered sugar


Whip butter with cream. Add almond and vanilla extracts. Blend for 5 minutes. SLOWLY add powdered sugar one 1/4 cup at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment